Disability Resource Library
- AT Lending Library Equipment Catalog
- Bibliography on Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
- Prescription to Play lends therapeutic children's equipment to families seen at CDD
About the DRL
The Disability Resource Library (DRL) is a resource for people of all ages with disabilities of all kinds. It is also a resource for families, and for the service providers with whom they work.
DRL collections focus on information for, by, and about people with disabilities. Materials come in a variety of formats -- books, DVDs, training curricula, software, and assistive technology. About 60% of the materials you'll find in the DRL are not found in any other SILO (State of Iowa Library Organization) library. You can borrow materials in person or by mail.
Resources in the DRL go beyond print and electronic materials. You also have access to:
- Reference materials
- Free research assistance from experienced staff
- Access to the Internet, as well as to databases of the libraries at the University of Iowa
- Booklets, brochures, and files of current information on a wide range of disability-related issues.
Contact Information and HoursDisability Resource Library
Center for Disabilities and Development
100 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1011
Email us at: email@example.com
The DRL is open: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome!
DRL Lending Policies
Materials in the DRL Catalog are available on three-week loan to individuals and agencies in the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics service area, which includes neighboring states.
Up to four items can be checked out at a time.
Reserving materials - If materials are already checked out, we will let you know and tell you the earliest date they will be available. You may also reserve materials for use at a future date. We will reserve them and send them to you at that time.
DRL Service Coverage
The DRL offers resources free-of-charge to:
- Individuals with disabilities and members of their families in Iowa and contiguous states
- Centers for Independent Living
- Staff and students of post-secondary institutions
- Service providers