Do you know a child with a remarkable story of how University of Iowa Children’s Hospital is “Changing Medicine. Changing Kids’ Lives?”
For its seventh season, UI Children’s Hospital is partnering with the Iowa Hawkeyes to feature stories of hope and inspiration. If your child has a life-changing story, nominate him or her for the 2015 Kid Captain program.
All Kid Captains will receive a commemorative jersey, special recognition from UI Children’s Hospital and the Iowa Hawkeyes, and an invitation to a special behind-the-scenes tour of Kinnick Stadium in August.
Home game Kid Captains will receive:
- Tickets to a 2015 Iowa Hawkeye home football game
- Pre-game field access and photo opportunities
Honorary (away game) Kid Captains will receive:
- Tickets to a 2015 Iowa Hawkeye home football game (date TBD)
- Only parents or legal guardians may submit a child’s story.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Children must be current or former patients of UI Children’s Hospital.
- Children must be 18 years of age or younger as of December 2015 to participate.
- To be nominated as a home game Kid Captain, children must be at least 6 years old as of December 2015.
- Children of any age may be nominated as an honorary (away game) Kid Captain.
- Children previously selected as a Kid Captain are part of our "Kid Captain Hall Of Fame" and are not eligible to enter again.
- All entries must be submitted online at uichildrens.org/kidcaptain.
- Entries will be accepted through 11:59 p.m. on March 24, 2015.
- Your entry does not guarantee that your child will be selected as a Kid Captain.
- Selected Kid Captains will be announced in July 2015.
- Children selected as home game Kid Captains must be available to attend (in person) one of the home Iowa football games.
Nominations must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on March 24, 2015.