Behavior problems can occur in many places such as the home, in the classroom, or on the playground. Common behavior problems seen in our services are:
- Not following directions or rules
- Physical aggression such as hitting, pinching, kicking, or throwing things
- Temper tantrums
- Poor impulse control
- Self injury such as head-banging, hand-biting, self-rubbing and scratching
- Disruptive behaviors such as screaming or yelling
- Bedtime/sleep problems
- Toileting difficulties
- Social skill problems such as not getting along with peers
- Habits such as hair pulling, thumb sucking, or air swallowing
We evaluate the issue from many sides including examining the current environment (functional analysis), evaluating the child’s developmental and cognitive skills, and examining associated issues such as intellectual disability, brain injury, or other neuro-developmental disorders.
Our treatment approaches include discussion and demonstration of behavior management strategies, medication management, educational consultation, individual therapy, and family counseling. We offer an intensive two-week outpatient treatment program as well as outpatient clinic services.